Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Music Portion Control

Just one more...

I've used this oh, so convincing argument on myself many times. I've used to to justify brownies, pushes of the snooze button, hours of television, and so on. All of these are things that are not good for me. So I find it interesting that I've been saying this to myself as I keep turning back to the same song on my iPod. I mean, who cares? I'm walking across campus. I'm not wasting time. This song is not making me fat. It's not turning my brain to mush. So why do I force myself to change the song after the 10th repeat? It must just be second nature to me; I feel like I have to be moving on to something new.

Right now, the song is "Favorite Girl" by The Icarus Account:


Tell me that isn't the sweetest song you've ever heard. I love it and I have listened to it on repeat on my walks back and forth from work for the past two days. But this is not even close to the first time this has ever happened.

A few weeks ago it was "5 Years Time" by Noah and the Whale. The music video is my favorite.

When my brother left to go on a 2-year mission it was "World Spins Madly On" by the Weepies:


Every once in a while it happens with Ingrid Michaelson's "Far Away":


Hmmmm- I seem to have a thing for folksy/ acoustic songs right now.

Does this happen to anyone else? What songs are you addicted to right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment