Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Few Post Alt Summit Thoughts


I will never not go to Alt again. Seriously. But I'll probably be more assertive next year.


No more wimping out on myself. Tomorrow it's time to get my rear in gear. The Rex Lee 10K is on March 17. I have until then to be better, stronger, and faster. Bring on the intervals!!!


I need to be writing more. Not just for the Daily Universe. I mean, I have a blog and like 4 empty journals! I need to stop being chicken. I need to just write my thoughts, and the poetry and stories I have contantly rolling around in my brain. Because I'm freaking good at it! Most of the time, anyway. And all of these potentially great writings are going to waste, lost in my mind. Not anymore.


I need to buy a car, find a new apartment, get stories for the Daily Universe, and catch up in classes. Hot mess! But I'm going to do all of that and be more positive.

2 comments:

  1. Love this, Robin. And I love your graphics.

    My thought about writer's journals: Instead of essays, in one journal write a mere sentence, a description of a something or other, a well-turned phrase you heard, a new word or two, a recipe, a short dialogue overheard, a good joke, etc. Keep a tiny booklet on you for quick jotting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grandma- I was actually thinking of starting a 1 sentence a-day journal. Someone mentioned something like that at Alt. Also, thanks for the Birthday card! When do you and Grandpa come home?

      Delete