Friday, June 28, 2013

18 Hours of Sleep and Maybe Ron Howard

So I made it last night until about 7 p.m., but I passed out almost the moment my head hit the pillow.

18 hours later I woke up. Woof.

After showering and getting dressed, Paul and I headed out. We spent most of the day around the Thames near Parliament and Westminster Abbey. We didn't get a chance to go into Westminster, so we'll go back and take lots of pictures.

We ended up heading to Trafalgar Square and exploring the area.

"What's that?" I would say.

"Let's go see," Paul would respond.

We ended up in a garden with lots of statues and plaques. It took us right by the Savoy, which I thought was great because of it's scene in The Importance of Being Earnest.

As we headed away from the Savoy it started raining. There was a guy coming toward us with a black umbrella. That's seriously all I noticed. Just ask Megan Adams; I don't notice famous people. I'm usually looking around at buildings and plants, not people.

After he passed, Paul was looking like he was trying to remember something. He asked me, "Who's the narrator in Arrested Development?"

"Ron Howard."

"I'm 100% sure that's who that guy was."

"Shut up!"

We watched/ kind of stalked him back to the Savoy, where he entered. I never saw his face; His umbrella was in the way. But Paul swears it was him.

I know, I know. Picture or it didn't happen. And I can't even really verify that it really happened, but it's still a funny story wanted to tell you all.

Maybe these posts will be frequent.

1 comment: