Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Thoughts During a Slow Day at Work

So I've decided I'm a lot like Elizabeth Bennett.



I'm sure I'm the billionth woman to think this... but here me out.

I'm a cynic who avoids serious conversation and prefers to laugh at everyone and everything. I also think I'm a lot smarter than I actually am. I love traveling and hiking and don't mind walking distances that others insist on bumming rides for.


My closest roommate is in a serious relationship with a really great guy who is kind, but also kind of a goober. He makes her very happy, however, so I accept him.

I've dealt with several Mr. Collins's and one or two Mr. Wickham's, but for the most part I avoid being "crossed a little in love".

However, if I am a lot like Elizabeth, it's comforting to know that I will one day be whisked away by some tall, dark, and handsome man with loads of cash.

5 comments:

  1. Love this. And that I just discovered your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite understand. Right now I am identifying with Anne Elliot (Persuasion). Jane Austen knew how to describe characters vividly, didn't she!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A tall, dark, handsome made with loads of cash! That's all I've ever wanted in life lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think woman was the word you were looking for ;)

    ReplyDelete